Girls Rock Philly is an amazing nonprofit music and mentoring organization that makes you want to be a ten-year-old again, so that you can be a punk rock camper. Luckily, you can still participate as a volunteer band coach, workshop facilitator, and in many other ways. For the 2011 camp, Philly Youth Radio taught a one-hour podcasting workshop, where the girls learned how to structure a podcast, use recording equipment, write interview questions, and incorporate sound elements. This is what we came up with together.
- Thx @generationprx for recommending Jaya's story on love and relationships! Check it out and other youth media news goo.gl/kNOit 4 years ago
- RT @ericaceous: Jaya Montague from @phillyouthradio writes about her mentor, @poetSanchez (via @NewsWorksWHYY) shar.es/YM4VB @M ... 4 years ago
- RT @NewsWorksWHYY: Looking forward to the @phillyouthradio Showcase "At the Heart, From the Heart" Tuesday on @WHYY ow.ly/hZ6Rj 4 years ago
- @ericaceous @MAKERSwomen Feeling proud of Jaya Montague for her powerful essay on @PoetSanchez for @NewsWorksWHYY! shar.es/YM4VB 4 years ago
- One week until the PYR showcase, "At the Heart, From the Heart!" 2/26 6 pm at @whyy #Philly #youth #radio http://t.co/LPAaqgo6 4 years ago